Back in February I was asked to comment on keys for real estate agents to be successful at business development. Unfortunately, I lost track of time and never saw that the article was published. The tips are solid – although I am obviously biased – but I think $75 million in revenue on my own in a calendar year gives credence to me knowing a thing or two about prospecting. Laura Schaefer over at Pipedrive wrote the article, you should give it a read and a few thumbs up.
Some of the take-aways are:
- Don’t neglect your network, they’re your best advocates and most loyal customers
- Create valuable content, it is branding, marketing and prospecting rolled into one activity
- Be a data nerd, this is knowledge-work, and knowing the data is how you grow your knowledge base
- The first assignment is getting the first appointment – focus religiously on setting appointments
- Get involved in your community. As Woody Allen says ‘90% of success is showing up’